Ready To Fight For Your Rights And Interests

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Wrongful Termination
  4.  » Common questions on your employment rights

Common questions on your employment rights

On Behalf of | Nov 3, 2017 | Wrongful Termination |

As an employee, there are so many rules and regulations that might leave you confused in regard to what your rights are. The following blog provides a brief overview into some of the most common questions that are asked by employees about issues regarding what happens after you have left the company, and what to do if you believe you have been wrongfully terminated.

Can I get a reference from my employer even if I have been fired?

If you have been fired, then it is not likely that you will be able to receive a positive reference from your employer. This is largely because they will want to protect themselves from any confrontation in the future.

Do I have the right to get severance pay after I leave?

Usually the only way to guarantee severance pay is by making sure that it is in your contract when you start your job. You should make sure that the promise is not just made verbally but that it is also within a signed contract.

I am owed salary by my previous employer. What should I do?

If you no longer work at a company but believe that you are owed salary from them, you must first of all contact them and explain that you expected to have received this already. They should have stated a date by which you would receive your final paycheck by. If they are not compliant, you can file a claim for arrears.Employment rights can be complex, even if you have left the company. It’s important to stand up for what you are entitled to if you have been treated badly by an employer.

Source: Findlaw, “Departing employee faq,” accessed Nov. 03, 2017